Perimenopause Changes You Should Expect
Perimenopause is a natural stage in a woman’s life where a lot of changes take place. These changes may be overwhelming at times. It can make you feel like you’re losing control or that your body is deteriorating. Being prepared and knowing what changes to expect can help a lot in managing your expectations, so you’re not caught off guard.
Some of the changes to expect during this stage include:
- irregular periods - this is one of the most common hallmarks of perimenopause. Until you’ve missed your periods for 12 consecutive months, you’re still considered in perimenopause (as opposed to menopause).
- bleeding that’s either heavier or lighter than normal
- hot flashes
- night sweats
- vaginal dryness and lack of interest in sex
- weight gain - it becomes much easier to gain weight and much harder to shed the pounds.
- insomnia and difficulty sleeping
- irregular heartbeat
- breast tenderness
- memory lapses
- hair loss in certain areas, and increase of hair in other areas of the body
- mood swings
Perimenopause is caused by hormonal changes in the body, particularly that of the hormone estrogen. When the level of hormones fluctuate, it can affect how our body functions as well as our mood or state of mind. This is the reason behind the various perimenopause changes that you may be experiencing.
To keep these symptoms in check, there are various remedies and treatments that are open to you. Conventional treatments such as HRT or the various forms of HRT are widely used to help women manage hormone imbalance. Alternative treatments that makes use of herbs are also available.
Aside from treatments, it is also important to pay attention to our diet and lifestyle. Often, perimenopause serves as a wake up call for us to treat our bodies better. This includes eating right, getting adequate exercise, letting go of unhealthy vices, and learning to manage stress better.
These symptoms are often the same symptoms that you may experience with other medical conditions. So it’s always a good idea to consult with a medical doctor to rule out other possible causes for what you are experiencing, just to be on the safe side.
Learning more about perimenopause is essential to conquering it. Join our FREE mini course and get the answers you are looking for. Find out:
* What Perimenopause is and how it affects your body's functioning
* How to tell when Perimenopause begins and when it will end
* What symptoms to expect now that you are in Perimenopause
* How to treat Perimenopause symptoms using medicine and natural remedies found in your home
* How to have the right diet and how to make the correct lifestyle changes that will help you overcome Perimenopause symptoms
Get the answers delivered to your Inbox today. Exclusively for members only! Sign up now!